The only dedicated publication for in-service education, resettlement training and recruitment from all three British Armed Forces. We are in a unique position to help advertisers reach this pro-active market through print, electronic and direct marketing techniques. Our in-depth military and civilian links, and our Advisory Board, have enabled us to develop effective market research down to an individual level, which we can share with our advertisers to maximise their response.
“I think Quest is a very high-standard magazine that contains many thoughtful articles and provides excellent advice to Service leavers. I can honestly commend Quest to its readers.”
Air Commodore Philip Miles , Former Director of Resettlement
|Editorial for Quest, Quest4 Courses and Courses 4 Forces
Our Editor Lynn Brown has worked in publishing as an editor for more than 20 years, on a wide variety of business and educational publications. This includes 10 years assisting former Quest and Courses 4 Forces editor Donald Campbell, during which time she got to know what Service personnel seeking new careers and learning opportunities want and need to read, and how to present this information in a digestible format.
|Editorial for Service Parents Guide
Our Editor Ian Jones’ career includes eleven years as Head Master of Bedford School, two years as the Director of Studies at Britannia Royal Naval College, and six years as the Regional Director of an Education Charity in South-East Asia. Since 1995 he has been an education consultant, initially as an Ofsted Inspector and a Reporting Inspector for the Independent Schools’ Inspectorate and now as a Tutor for the National Professional Qualification for Head Teachers.
He has also been on the Governing body of a number of independent schools, currently including a single sex girls' school in East Anglia. He captained Cambridge University at hockey and represented Great Britain in the Rome and Tokyo Olympics.
|Funding Breakdown Information
There are many types of educational funding available for people in the Armed Forces, the main two are Resettlement Grants and Enhanced Learning Credits. Please find more details below:
Resettlement funding is made available to those leaving the Forces looking to Retrain for a Civilian Career. Most Service leavers qualify for up to seven weeks resettlement time for personal and career development during their last two years in the Services. This may be used for HE or FE course(s), specialist training, or as an attachment with a potential employer while still drawing a Service salary.
Here is the breakdown of the figures for Resettlement funding:
• One off payment of £534 for the cost of a course.
• Daily allowance of £79.00 - This covers Accommodation, breakfast, lunch and dinner (£53 accommodation; £21 food; £5 incidental expenses) Up to a maximum of 49 days, depending on length of service)
• Maximum Resettlement Time Allowances:
6 years service = 28 days
8 years service = 35 days
12 years service = 42 days
16+ years service = 49 days
Other funding available:
• Enhanced Learning Credits are made available to all serving personnel who register. All those who have served for four years or more from 1st April 2000 are entitled to up to £6000. Training providers must be approved for ELC funding, ask your sales consultant for further details.
• Standard Learning Credits – Every Service person has access to £175 per year for personal development courses/exams. This is a annual “use it or lose it” education grant.
|Recruiting Service Leavers
Armed Forces Personnel have an immense range of expertise and experience, they also possess professionalism and personal attributes that are greatly prized in the civilian employment market. Given the vast array of transferable skills they can offer the employer, Service Leavers are incredibly desirable and valuable employees. Some of the many characteristics that Service Leavers can bring to your organization are as follows:
• Communication skills
• Self confidence
• Ability to learn quickly
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to embrace change
• Ability to work under pressure
|Quest Circulation - up to 25,000 copies
This circulation ensures the most comprehensive coverage of the retraining, resettlement and education markets in all three Services, therefore, whether you are looking to fill course or job vacancies, Quest can help you.
via B.F.P.O. (British Forces Post Office)
• All Unit Resettlement Officers
• All Unit Education Officers
• All Unit Education Centres
• All Unit Administration Officers
• Single Service Education Centres
• All NAAFI and Junior Ranks’ Clubs
• Senior Ranks’ Messes
• Officer’s Messes
• Medical and Dental Centres
Also distributed to
• The 10 Regional Resettlement Centres
• The 30 Regular Forces Employment Association offices (RFEA)
• All Single Service Resettlement Officers (NRIO, IERO, RRA)
• The 2 Officers’ Association offices
• The Resettlement Training Centre at Aldershot
• Ministers, Shadow Ministers, Civil Servants and House of Commons Select Committees with responsibility for Education, Employment and Defence
• Employers of Ex-Service Personnel
• HIVES (Help, Information, Volunteer, Exchange network)
• “The List” (Forces Job Club)
• Police, Fire, Ambulance and Prison Services
• Selected Job Centres
• SLSTs (Service Leaver Support Teams)
• Civilian MoD Staff
• MoD Headquarters and Agencies
• Right Management Consultants involved in the CTP (Career Transition Partnership)
We provide a professional artwork service for our clients, with a minimum, fixed fee of £100 for advert set up, and £25 for amendments. Simply email us with your text, logo’s and pictures, plus the layout and we will do the rest. Please call for more information on this or a full design service. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The preferred format is QuarkXpress, Illustrator, EPS, TIFF, JPEG, and PDF. PLEASE ENSURE that all colours and colour pictures are set to CMYK as responsibility cannot be accepted for RGB images.
If you can only supply a Microsoft Office file (which includes Word, Publisher and PowerPoint), we require hard copies of any pictures, logos etc and pantone references for any colours used, along with a colour proof.
Adverts supplied in this format have to be re-set by our artwork department and therefore we cannot be held responsible for any errors, although every care will be taken to avoid them. For more information please contact email@example.com